Birthday / Holiday Week

I've had the chance to have a Fun-Filled Birthday week culminating in 4th of July celebrations.

The 26th, the kids performed at the Tooele Arts Festival and did a great job! It's always fun to watch them perform their martial arts!


That evening I DJ'd a wedding, and rolled in around 1am to see that the kids had made me a "Birthday" sign.

The 27th, being my actual birthday, I went to Church in the morning and DJ'd a party for the families of Hill Air Force Base in the evening. They were nice enough to have a birthday cake for me!

Shelly and I went out to dinner on Monday to celebrate. I love the chance to go on a date with my cute wife!

Fast Forward to Friday the 2nd. Shelly, Tara, Tiffany, Anna, Kylee, and Courtney went to the "Air Supply" concert here in Tooele while I DJ'd a wedding in SLC. I think we all were where we wanted to be, I do love spending time with my Wife, but Air Supply would have been a tough sell!

Traditionally Shelly's sister would have stayed here to go to the Tooele Parade, but apparently they decided to move on from us so we got to go to the parade with just us and the Loertscher's.

J.R. was running the 5K so we cheered him on as he passed..

We did get a "Flyover" of 4 F-16's from Hill Air Force Base to start the parade off... (I always love seeing that!)


Shelly, of course, had the kids looking cute for the 4th! (3rd)



After the parade we headed toward the park about 3 blocks away for the activities there, and Rylan and I learned first hand how crappy the sidewalks are in part of Tooele, we both tripped at the same time, lucky for Rylan he didn't take a chunk out if his big toe!

The park was otherwise uneventful except Rylan managed to win another goldfish, *sigh*!

That evening we had the Birthday Barbecue that I was pretty sure the Barnes Girls had scheduled but didn't attend! We did have it with the Loertscher's! There's something magical about a New York Steak cooked on the grill with freshly cooked corn and sauteed mushrooms!

We played some cards until it was time to light some fireworks!

I even managed to capture the "explosion" of a 'Snap' in Rylan's hand!

Sunday the 4th we visited my parents (no photos) then went to Tara and Wes' to let Kylee stay a few days, roast a few marshmallows, and do more fireworks!
Trevor was on "Fire Building" duty while Kylee entertained Noah and Rylan just chilled!


I've been playing with Timed Exposures on my new camera and captured a few cool Fireworks shots!



No comments: